Blogging for Therapy

Monday, April 21, 2008

I have attempted for many years to write in a journal. Every therapist I've ever had (too many to mention) highly recommend this from of "therapy". However, I'm not patient enough to write. I think faster than I can write and it's annoying.

After my aunt from New York came for a visit in my quaint little town, I decided to check out her blog and thought...now that is therapy. She is actually sharing her thoughts and frustrations with; well...everyone. This is actually a great idea. No, it's not private, but you get OPINIONS. People that actually feel, or don't feel, the same way. It's no mystery that misery loves company, so what better way than recruit the whole world into your life!

So, beginning today.....I am blogging for therapy.

2 comments:

MaryB said...

I'm not a journal-keeper, either, Dear Niece, but for some reason I've faithfully (well, er, occasionally) kept up with my blog for going on 3 years. Go figure. Here's what has worked for me: I only write for myself. I don't post something just because I think it's what folks want to read. I don't try to get the most "hits." I write about what's on my mind - usually it's something that just keeps rattling around and must be "flushed" out somehow before I can move on. Good luck with your new blog. Love the photos of the kids! Big kiss - mwah! "Auntie Mame"

Kelley H. said...

I love it! A minivan...really?

Writing is definately therapy...cheaper than a shrink too. Great pictures...you don't look a day past 34 1/2 :)

Peace
KH