My Magnolia Tree HAS to GO!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

As if I don't have enough to worry about inside the house, I have this HUGE Magnolia tree in my front yard that I have grown to hate.

Growing up in the south I am very used to seeing Magnolia Trees and both of my grandmothers loved them. I can remember both of my grandmothers cutting branches of blooms off of their tree and displaying them on the kitchen table. I remember them being very big beautiful flowers that looked like huge cotton balls in a vase. My aunt Kaye actually bought my granny pib a tree for Mother's Day one year and we all planted it in the front yard, because she wanted another one. WHAT! I hate this thing. It has very large pine cone looking things that fall off of it everyday, it's tearing up my brand new lawnmower, and from what I hear, when the weather gets warmer all of those big leaves are going to fall off and clutter my lawn. Which by the way aren't your average dead leaves. It is also blocking my entire view of the city from my front yard. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because it's shading the house, but Saturday I randomly went outside throughout the day to see just how much shade this "thing" was providing me and from what I can see, it's not doing me any good.

I read an article on the internet today that says to watch out for hornets in the spring, because they love to build hive's in Magnolia trees. If anyone has Magnolia tree advice and/or comments, I would love to hear them, because as of right now it's coming down.

No comments: